Chicken lollipops are fried chicken pieces which can win everyone’s heart at the parties as starters. The crunch and the tenderness of the pieces makes you to take more and more till it is enough.
Chicken lollipops are made by cutting the meat from the bone end by pushing down, making it look like a lollipop. Readymade lollipops are available in the stores. The marinated chicken pieces are deep fried in oil giving a crunchy bite for us.
Chicken lollipops are usually served as starters, appetizers or as side dish. You can cover the exposed bone part with aluminium foil. There are many recipes for chicken lollipops and you can add your favourite ingredients to make the taste better.
These are the absolute recipe of chicken which gets finish off soon if you serve it among kids. Try out this succulent recipe at your home and do let me know your valuable feedback.
- Chicken lollipops – 22 no’s
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Chicken 65 powder – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 tablespoon, as per your taste
- Curd – 2 tablespoon
2nd Marination :
- Cornflour – 3 tablespoon
- All purpose flour – 8 tablespoon
3rd Marination :
- Eggs – 2
- Bread crumbs – 8 slices bread
- Oats crushed – 3 tablespoon
Method of preparation :
- Wash and clean all the chicken lollipops and keep aside
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients mentioned under 1st marination
- Now add the chicken pieces to it and mix well
- Let is rest for 2 hours
- Combine the cornflour and all purpose flour in a plate
- Dip the chicken pieces one by one in this cornflour mix
- Wait for half hour
- Take 2 beaten eggs in a bowl and mix of oats and bread crumbs in another plate
- Dip the chicken pieces first in beaten egg, and then in the bread crumbs
- Refrigerate the chicken lollipops for half hour
- Take a kadai and add sufficient oil for frying these chicken lollipops
- Fry it in different batches till it reaches brown in colour
- Serve hot with mayonnaise, ketchup or salads.