Chicken roast is a simple and delicious version of chicken recipe where chicken pieces are first marinated, and then mixed and fried with onions and tomatoes. I prefer chicken with bones for this recipe, as the chicken is too juicy at the end of our cooking.
The onions taken in this recipe should be finely chopped. They are then sauteed in oil till they becomes golden brown in colour. Make sure they don’t burn. The flame should be kept in medium and you have to stir continuously. Stirring and mixing plays a major role in the taste of this chicken recipe.
Chicken pieces are washed and cleaned well initially. They are then marinated using kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and curd. Leave it undisturbed for 30 minutes. The addition of curd makes the chicken more tender and softer, even after it is dry roasted.
When the chicken pieces are kept for marination, you can prepare the masala for this chicken roast. Kashmiri chilli powder provides a bright colour for our chicken roast. Onions sauteed in oil turns to a light brown colour and here begins the actual preparation of our chicken roast.
No water is added to cook chicken in this recipe. Chicken pieces are completely cooked on its own juice and then they are sauteed well till they gains its actual texture and becomes dry roast. Hence the meat gets completely coated with the prepared masala which is absolutely mouthwatering.
Since this recipe is made with minimal ingredients and is easy to make, we can call it as a bachelor’s recipe of chicken. The beginners in cooking can easily try out this recipe. So, checkout this easy recipe of chicken below and prepare at your home also. Serve with rice, chapatis, naan, roti, ghee rice.
- Cleaned chicken pieces – 500 g
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curd – 3 tablespoon
- Salt – 3/4 teaspoon
- Oil – 3 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Onions finely chopped – 4
- Green chilli – 2
- Crushed ginger and garlic – 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped tomato – 1
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
Method of preparation :
- Take a mixing bowl and add the cleaned chicken pieces. Make sure there is no water in the mixing bowl.
- Add kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric powder, curd and salt to the chicken pieces.
- Mix well using a spoon or hand and marinate the chicken pieces.
- Allow the marinated chicken pieces to rest for 30 minutes.
- By that time, we will prepare the masala mix for the chicken.
- Heat oil in a kadai and splutter mustard seeds and fennel seeds.
- Add chopped onions to the kadai.
- Saute till the onion changes its colour to golden brown.
- Add green chillies, crushed ginger and garlic and saute again for 2 minutes.
- Then add coriander powder and pepper powder to it.
- When the raw smell of the powders are gone completely, add chopped tomatoes to it.
- Cook the tomatoes till they can be mashed.
- Now add the marinated chicken pieces to the masala prepared and mix well for 3 minutes.
- Cook the chicken in low flame for 20 minutes, make sure you saute them in between.
- After 20 minutes, open the lid and dry roast the chicken.
- Garnish this hot and tasty chicken roast with coriander leaves.
- Serve the chicken with ghee rice, butter naan, etc.