Here is a chicken dish which makes a great appetizer. The chicken pieces will turn out juicy eventhough they are oil fried. This is an aromatic and highly flavored recipe of chicken which goes well with rice as well as chapatis.
Usually, chicken fries are prepared by marinating the chicken pieces with a prepared batter and then fried in hot oil. Buy there is variation in this recipe. Initially the chicken pieces are cooked in a ground masala paste which are later fried in hot oil in different batches.
I had used chicken with bones. You can also use boneless chicken pieces. It will be a good option as starter for your functions or parties. The presence of whole spices in ground masala provides a good flavour to this dish. Enjoy the spicy fried chicken which is seasoned with coriander leaves.
- Cleaned chicken pieces – 1 kg
- Chopped onions – 3
- Chopped tomato – 1
- Vinegar – 2 teaspoon
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Salt – as required
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
To be ground :
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chillies – 10
- Cardamom – 5
- Cinnamon – 1 piece
- Cloves – 10
- Garlic – 8 pods
- Pepper – 10
Method of preparation :
- Take a kadai and add the ground masala to it along with 2.5 cups of water and cook the chicken pieces on low flame
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions, and keep it aside
- After removing the onions, fry the chicken pieces in batches
- Remove the excess oil and put back the chicken and tomatoes in pan
- When it dries up, add fried onions which is kept aside
- Stir till the gravy becomes thick and the chicken pieces gets mixed completely with fried onions and tomato
- Garnish the fried chicken with coriander leaves
- Serve the chicken with rice or chapatis.