Quails are small birds which is almost similar to small chicken. Quail is easy to cook. It is very tender and has got flavorful flesh. Even the tender bones of Quail can be eaten. Quails are very common nowadays compared to earlier. Quails are rich in proteins. They are a source of vitamins,iron and zinc. The tiny eggs of Quail are given to children for wheezing prevention. A single quail can be eaten as whole or can be divided into four pieces.
First let’s see the ingredients for this preparation.
- Quail – 2 nos
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 2 tspn
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tspn
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tspn
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tspn
- Curd – 1 tspn
- Salt – 2 tspn
- Curry leaves – 2
- Coconut oil – to fry
Method of preparation:
- Clean the quail,cut it into pieces and keep aside
- Mix all the powders,along with ginger garlic paste and curd so that a paste is formed
- Marinate the quail pieces using the prepared paste
- Let it rest for half hour
- After half hour,take a kadai and add coconut oil
- Once oil is hot,deep fry the marinated quail along with curry leaves
- You can garnish it with lemon and onion.
Note : Fry the quail in medium flame