Sharing with you all a homemade version of red chilli sauce, which is fresh in taste, has got too much of flavour and is preservative free. The taste of sauce is much different from the store bought ones and I must say that this homemade version is absolutely perfect. Who all loves to eat preservative added food nowadays? Nobody right? This is a very easy recipe of red chilli sauce with minimum ingredients and you can store in a clean glass container in refrigerator for 2 to 3 months.
Whenever we are having spring rolls, meat rolls, any Chinese foods, grilled chicken, pakoras, etc., we always check for some accompaniments along with it. This sweet and sour red chilli sauce is a great accompaniment or dip for many dishes. Coming to the flavour part of the sauce, it is sweet, tangy and hot and I bet you will drizzle it over each and everything.
The spice level of the sauce depends on the type of chilli we are using in this recipe. If the chilli is too spicy, our sauce will also be spicy and vice versa. Vinegar and salt present in the sauce acts as preservatives. It is better to keep this sauce in room temperature for 2 days, so that the flavours may get balanced well. After that you could store the sauce in refrigerator and can easily serve it as a dip for your starters.
This sweet and spicy thick sauce is prepared with basic ingredients available at your home. The preparation time is only 5 minutes and the cooking time is only 10 minimum. So, in 15 minutes, it is possible for anyone to prepare a healthier and preservative free sauce at your home. And you can readily enjoy it as soon as it cools down.
Garlic provides a feel good taste for this sauce. You can see small garlic pieces from the picture I had shared. Yes, you will sometimes get a garlic kick as well. Sugar in the sauce makes it to last longer. Before transferring to a glass jar, make sure the jar is steriled properly. Thus we can store the sauce in a clean and efficient manner. Once prepared, I am pretty sure that it will become a favorite staple in your kitchen. Please check out the recipe given below.
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Vinegar – 6 tablespoon
- Kashmiri red chilli – 2
- Dry red chilli – 2
- Garlic – 4 pods
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cornflour – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Method of preparation
- Crush kashmiri chilli, dry red chilli and garlic using a blender.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the blender and then blend it again for a second.
- Transfer the ingredients from blender to a kadai and switch on the flame.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar to the same kadai and allow it to boil.
- Stir the mixture continuously, to avoid the burning of sugar.
- Once the sugar is completely melted, add vinegar and salt to it.
- Dilute cornflour in 2 tablespoon of water to make a slurry and then add it to the prepared sauce.
- Stir slowly and continuously till the sauce becomes thicker. Switch off the flame.
- Once cooled, transfer the sauce to a glass container and refrigerate it.