Carrot Halwa is a sweet made using carrots. This is a winter dessert which is prepared by slow cooking grated carrot in milk along with other ingredients. This dessert is often served with a garnish of nuts and almonds. This dish is popular among adults as well as children. Carrot halwas are also served with ice-cream for wedding ceremonies and other functions. This is one of the easy and tasty dessert recipe which is served warm. Also, this dessert is an excellent source for Vitamin A. Let us see the recipe now.
First let’s see the ingredients for this preparation.
Grated carrot – 250g
Grated coconut – 1 cup
Milk – 2 cups
Sugar – 2 cup
Ghee – 2 tablespoon
Cardamom – small pinch
Nuts & Almonds – To Garnish
Method of preparation :
1. Take a pan and add grated carrot and coconut
2. Add milk to the pan. Stove should be on medium flame
3. Cook the carrot,milk and coconut for about 10 minutes until all the milk gets absorbed by the carrot
4. Stir the contents in the pan continuously to avoid burning and sticking
5. Once the carrot is cooked,add sugar
6. Add ghee
7.Stir it continuously for about 5 minutes
8. Make sure that all the water is absorbed which is left behind by sugar
9. Dry roast the content until the colour of the carrot fades slightly
10. Turn off the stove and transfer the Carrot Halwa to a greased plate
11. Roast the Almonds and nuts in ghee
12. Garnish the carrot halwa using roasted Almonds and nuts
Carrot Halwa is ready to serve.