Each pieces of meat are different. The thickness, water content, fat density, the position of bones, all affects cooking time. Fatty cut of beef takes longer time to cook. In this recipe of beef thoran, we should take only the meat portion. Beef is a red meat. A properly cooked red meat is dark and firm to touch. So, cook till the meat is firm.
Here, beef pieces are shredded using mixer. Masala is prepared and is mixed with shredded coconut along with fennel seeds. This recipe can be used serve for 10 persons.
Make sure to keep the flame in medium level, so that the prepared masala, coconut and beef gets sync with each other and provides a delicious taste to our taste buds. If you want to try out a variety and easy recipe using beef, here is a simple recipe for you.
- Beef (cut into small cubes) – 500 g
- Grated coconut – 1.5 cups
- Chopped onion – 2
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic pods – 6
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chillies – 2
- Dry red chillies – 2
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 2 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoon
Method of preparation :
- Cook the beef in a pressure cooker by adding 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Heat oil in a kadai and add onions and dry red chillies
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and saute till the onions become translucent
- Now add chopped ginger and garlic
- Further add turmeric powder, kashmiri chilli powder and pepper powder
- Saute them till the raw smell goes off
- Grind the grated coconut along with fennel seeds and then add it to kadai
- Crush the beef using mixer grinder and further mix it with the prepared masala
- Adjust the salt and pepper
- You can serve it with boiled rice, Chappathi, etc.