Today we will prepare a dish using grated coconut consisting of spinach, jackfruit seed and drumstick. This is a very tasty dish as the vegetables added here gets sync with each other and provides a delicious taste for us.
Spinach is rich in Vitamin E and magnesium, which supports our immune system. Leafy vegetables are good for your skin, hair, and bone health. So, spinach can be termed as a superfood.
The time consuming task in this recipe is only the cutting and cooking of Jackfruit seeds. But the final result is worth the time spent in your kitchen. Here is the recipe which describes the step by step method of preparation. Have a try if you have all the mentioned ingredients at home. You can have this with boiled rice.
First let’s see the ingredients for this preparation.
- Drumstick- 1
- Spinach- 1 bunch
- Jackfruit seed – 10
- Shallots – 10
- Grated Coconut- 3/4 cup
- Dry red chillies- 3
- Green chillies – 2
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut oil- 2 tablespoon
Method of preparation:
- Peel off the Jackfruit seed skin and cut it vertically into 6 pieces
- Wash and clean them and pressure cook it by adding a pinch of salt and 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder for one whistle
- Wait for the pressure to release by itself
- Keep it aside
- Peel and cut the drumstick into pieces
- Cook the drumstick separately by adding 1/4 cup of water in a vessel
- Close the lid and make sure to cook in medium flame
- Once cooked, switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a kadai and sputter mustard seeds
- Add dry red chillies and chopped shallots
- Then add salt, green chillies and 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Add grated coconut, mix well till the raw smell goes off
- Then add finely chopped spinach to it
- Close with a lid for 2 to 3 minutes, and stir occassionally
- Open and stir the spinach till the water goes
- Further add cooked Jackfruit seed and drumstick
- Mix everything properly and cook for 2 minutes in low flame
- Adjust the salt if needed
- Prepared dish is ready to serve.