A chicken recipe in which all the flavor of spices are indulged inside and later fried in hot oil. This recipe is not like other chicken fries, where we marinate the chicken pieces and oil fry the same. Here, the chicken pieces are half cooked initially and then the cooked chicken pieces are rubbed with spices and fried in hot oil. This is a perfect fried chicken recipe for boiled rice and chapatis.
Chicken pieces are cleaned well and marinated with turmeric powder, crushed ginger and garlic, pepper powder, salt and vinegar. Then after sometime, they are steamed till the chicken pieces are half done. The half cooked chicken pieces are then marinated with spices powder and kashmiri chilli powder. Then they are fried in hot oil and mixed with a prepared mix of onion and tomatoes.
Adding of saunf powder and spices powder provides an additional flavour to this chicken dish. Normally chicken fries are dry version of chicken. Here I had mixed the fried chicken pieces with sauted onions and tomatoes to make a dry gravy for our irresistible chicken.
- Cleaned Chicken pieces – 500 g
- Pepper powder – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 2 teaspoon
- Saunf powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- Crushed ginger – 1 inch piece
- Crushed garlic – 6 cloves
- Vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies – 2
- Onion sliced – 2
- Tomato sliced – 1
- 2 cardamom, 2 cloves and small piece cinnamon powdered
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Ghee – 2 tablespoon
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Salt – to taste
Method of Preparation :
- Wash, clean well and drain the chicken pieces.
- Then add 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder, pepper powder, crushed ginger and garlic, salt and vinegar.
- Rub it all over the chicken and allow it to rest for sometime and steam the chicken till half done.
- Now marinated the half cooked chicken with 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, spices powder, kashmiri chilli powder and salt.
- Fry it in hot oil till all the sides are golden brown in colour. Keep the fried chicken pieces aside.
- Heat ghee in a kadai and saute the onions and green chillies.
- When the colour of onion changes, add tomatoes and curry leaves to it.
- Then add the fried chicken pieces to the kadai and mix well everything.
- You can have this fried chicken as a side dish for rice and chapatis.