This recipe of chicken features a thick and creamy flavoured gravy. Inorder to make this recipe a stand out dish, I had added cashewnuts which gives a lovely richness to our korma. For smooth and creamy consistency in curries, we mainly use blended cashewnut paste in Indian cooking.
Cashewnuts have low fat content and high protein. Cashewnuts have a smooth buttery texture. An unusually high starch content makes them useful for thickening sauces, curries and soups.
The climate was too cold yesterday and I just had a feeling to have a plate of hot chicken korma with chappathi at night. That is when this recipe came to my mind which is non spicy and is absolutely perfect for a dinner.
The total preparation time is 45 minutes. There are many versions of korma in India, where each recipe follows unique techniques and special ingredients to make it an amazing dish.
The addition of curd in this recipe provides a best flavor and once you try out this way I am sure you will not go back to your usual chicken recipes. I had cut down the chicken pieces to small size so that each pieces could become marinated completely with the prepared paste. Further, the presence of fresh cream, butter and coriander leaves enriches our curry and leaves us with a watering mouth.
Create this super creamy chicken recipe at your kitchen and make it a wide hit infront of your family and guests.
- Chicken – 500 g
- Onions finely chopped – 4
- Oil – 3 tablespoon
- Tomato – 1
- Green chilli – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Chicken masala – 1 tablespoon
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curd – 2 tablespoon
- Fresh cream – 3 tablespoon
- Cashewnuts – 15 to 18 numbers
- Grated coconut – 4 tablespoon
- Kasuri methi – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Butter – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
Method of preparation
- Wash,cut and clean the chicken into small pieces
- Immerse the cashewnuts in half cup of water
- Heat oil in a kadai and add onions and salt
- When the onion becomes translucent, add chilli and ginger garlic paste
- When the raw smell of ginger garlic paste is gone, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, chicken masala and kashmiri chilli powder
- Saute all the powders, add extra oil if needed
- Then add chopped tomatoes
- Mix well and close the lid of kadai till the tomatoes becomes completely soft
- Now add the chicken pieces and make sure that the chicken pieces are completely coated with the prepared masala
- Close the kadai lid for 3 to 4 minutes, let the chicken cook in medium flame
- Once the water from the chicken starts boiling, turn the flame to low
- Add 1 cup water to increase the gravy consistency
- Simmer the chicken to low or medium heat till the chicken is cooked completely
- Grind the coconut and cashewnut together to form a paste
- Add this cashewnut paste to the prepared curry
- Then add fresh cream, make sure the flame is low
- Now add kasuri methi and butter also
- Switch off the flame when the korma reaches a creamy consistency
- Garnish the korma with coriander leaves
- Serve this creamy chicken with rotis, naan, etc.