For all those who stick onto easy cooking, here is a quick and excellent recipe using chicken sausages. You will definitely love this stir fry which can be easily prepared under 30 minutes. This is actually a healthy recipe, where we use only minimum amount of oil.
This is a one pan recipe where the sausages are sliced and mixed with veggies, and stir fried in oil. You can add your favourite vegetables in this recipe. You may include mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower etc. which can add extra flavor to this recipe. Since I had no mushroom with me, I took some other favourite veggies from my kitchen to saute with the sausage slices.
This stir fry can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish for lunch and dinner. There are varieties of sausages available in market nowadays. Some sausages can be stir fried directly, some sausages needs to be boiled in water initially, and some needs to be microwaved. So, check the instructions given on the sausage packets and then take it for stir frying.
We are not adding herbs or too much of sauce here. Tomato sauce and pepper powder are only used in this recipe. You can also wrap this stir fry in chapatis and pack your kid’s tiffin to school. This is also a kid friendly recipe. This dish can be customized with the ingredients that is liked by your whole family.
Garlic provides a great flavour to this stir fry. You can add more garlic if needed. It will be better if you stir fry this sausage and veggies in olive oil. You can also substitute with sunflower oil or any other oil. But, do not use coconut oil. Also, vegetables should be chopped into fine slices for easy and fast cooking.
Try out this easy sausage stir fry and serve over hot fried rice.
Ingredients (serves 4) :
- Chicken Sausages, large sized – 6
- Onion, chopped – 1
- Chopped garlic – 2 cloves
- Potatoes, sliced into pieces – 2
- Carrots, sliced straight – 2
- Beans, chopped into medium length – 4
- Green bell peppers, chopped – 1/4 cup
- Pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomato sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as required
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
Method of Preparation :
- Boil the chicken sausages in water. Follow the instructions behind the sausage cover since each sausage cooking is different.
- After boiling, cut the sausage into 1 inch slices.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions and salt.
- Then add garlic, followed by potato, carrot and beans.
- Toss and cook the vegetables until they becomes tender crisp. If you are in a hurry, cover pan with the lid so that the vegetables may cook faster.
- Once the vegetables are tender crisp, add sausage to it.
- Saute till both sides of the sausage becomes golden brown in colour.
- Add green bell peppers and saute for 2 minutes.
- Finally add peppee powder and tomato sauce.
- Adjust salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Serve hot with fried rice or rotis.