Sharing with you all the recipe of a soft and moist cake with layers of chocolate and vanilla swirled together. This is a simple recipe of cake which can be easily prepared but adding two tablespoon of cocoa powder additionally to the basic vanilla cake batter.
The presence of both the vanilla and chocolate flavour makes this cake amazing. I had used 2 tablespoon of starbucks hot cocoa for the chocolate portion of cake and I couldn’t express how tasty was the cake. You can also use normal cocoa powder instead.
The speciality of this cake is that we are using the same base cake batter to prepare both vanilla and chocolate flavour and then they are layered alternatively. After both batters are prepared, alternate spoonful of vanilla and chocolate layers are distributed evenly on the cake tin.
Bake the cake for 25 to 30 minutes in a preheated oven. Insert a toothpick in the centre of cake and make sure that it comes out with few moist crumbs. Now let us move to the recipe part.
- All purpose flour – 1.5 cups
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
- Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
- Cocoa powder – 2 tablespoon
- Eggs – 2
- Sunflower oil – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
Method of preparation :
- Beat 2 eggs in a mixing bowl with the help of an egg beater or a whisk
- Whisk the eggs until it turns fluffy and changes it colour to off white
- Add oil to the beaten eggs
- Now add powdered sugar, followed by one teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Sieve together all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda
- Add this dry ingredient mix in batches to the prepared batter
- You can mix the dry ingredients using a spatula or spoon
- The batter consistency is thicker now
- Inorder to make the batter to a pouring consistency, add 1/4 cup of milk to it
- Take another bowl and add 2 tablespoon cocoa powder into it
- Add sufficient water to this cocoa powder to make it into a paste form
- Add half of the prepared cake batter to this cocoa powder mix
- Thus we have 2 batters, vanilla batter and chocolate batter in two separate bowls
- Place butter paper on the cake tin and then add the 2 tablespoon of vanilla batter followed by 2 tablespoon of chocolate batter
- Similarly add these batters one by one till the batter gets over
- After arranging the 2 batters, you can draw your own designs on the top of this cake batter using a toothpick or spatula
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes and thereafter bake the cake for 30 minutes
- If you are using a kadai or pot, preheat the kadai for 10 minutes, place the cake tin inside and close the lid
- After 25 minutes, insert a toothpick and check whether the cake is baked completely
- Remove the cake from cake tin once it is cooled completely
- You can cut this cake into desired shapes and serve.