This is the recipe of an eggless pudding, which is prepared using milk and condensed milk. Here the base layer is prepared by mixing butter, pineapple preserve and biscuits. I had used homemade pineapple preserve for this pudding. Those who do not have pineapple preserve may substitute it with pineapple jam. If you pack the base layer tightly, the biscuits won’t float on the top when the custard is poured. I love to see few biscuit floating on the top, so I had not packed the base layer tightly.
There is a little bit of work in this pudding as we have to prepare the custard and also need to double boil the chinagrass at the same time. Make sure that the custard is not boiled. You have to only heat it. Then add chinagrass to the custard.
If you do this a couple of times, you will enjoy this cooking and it will get easier for you. This pudding recipe will be an excellent choice for you to treat your guests with happy tummy.
- Condensed milk – 1 tin
- Milk – 2 tin
- China grass- 8 grams
- Sugar – 3 tablespoon, as per your taste
- Homemade pineapple preserve- 1 cup
- Butter, melted – 50 g
- Crushed marie biscuits – 12
- Vanilla essence – 1 tablespoon
Method of preparation :
- Chop the chinagrass into fine pieces and soak it in 3/4 cup of water, for half hour before we start preparing our pudding
- Mix the milk and condensed milk in a vessel or saucepan
- Switch on the flame and stir the mix continuously
- Double boil the chinagrass on the other flame
- Once the chinagrass is melted, add it to the custard evenly and stir well
- Now add vanilla essence and switch off the flame before the custard boils
- Take a pudding dish and arrange the mixture of butter, pineapple and biscuits such that it forms the base layer of the pudding
- Now, strain the custard to our pudding dish as the second layer
- Once cooled, our pudding will be set
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and then you can cut it into desired shape and serve to your loved ones