This is the recipe of an appetizer using mushrooms. Mushrooms are sauted in butter and then mixed with pepper powder and mixed herbs. This garlicky butter mushrooms are so delicious and irresistible.
This is an easy and simple recipe of mushroom, which you can prepare with the ingredients readily available at your kitchen. You may wonder, how can this be possible to prepare a wonderful recipe with 3 or 4 ingredients at your home. But I can guarantee that once you prepare this recipe, you will finish off the plate in few minutes.
One of the most important thing to keep in mind is about sauting of mushrooms. Usually people keeps on sauting the mushroom while cooking. It is better to saute the mushroom for a minute and cook them till the water goes completely from inside.
The flavour of garlic and mixed herbs covers the mushroom and the mushroom slices tastes amazing. You can see and feel it while the cooking itself. Mushrooms are immersed in a butter garlic herbs sauce and I must say, this is such a beautiful recipe to easily try out at your home.
I think butter mushrooms are best suitable for this recipe. You may not get the complete flavour with other types of mushrooms. You need to clean the mushroom properly before cooking. There are chances of the presence of small mud pieces if they are not cleaned properly. After cleaning, slice the mushrooms to thin pieces and keep it aside for cooking.
I had used onions in this recipe to get a little gravy and saucy dish. I had made fried rice last day. So, I was planning to make a mushroom recipe which goes well with fried rice. Thus reached in this recipe. This mushroom recipe goes well with noodles, naan, roti’s, etc. You can also try this recipe at your home. Feel free to post the photos in our social media pages.
- Button mushroom – 250 g
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Finely chopped onion – 1 tablespoon
- Finely chopped garlic – 1 tablespoon
- Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Mixed herbs – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves or celery chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Rinse and clean the button mushrooms, slice them to medium pieces.
- Melt butter in a tawa and add chopped garlic, followed by onion.
- Add mushrooms, Saute for a minute and then allow the mushrooms to get cooked such that the water inside mushroom goes off completely and the mushroom becomes dry.
- Add mixed herbs, pepper powder and salt.
- Saute for one minute and then switch off the flame.
Method of preparation :
- Rinse and clean the mushroom well, slice them into thin pieces. Keep the cleaned mushroom aside.
- Melt butter in a pan and add chopped garlic to it.
- Then add mushrooms to the pan. Saute for a minute and then allow the mushrooms to leave out the water and cook them till dry.
- Add pepper and mixed herbs and saute again.
- Finally add salt and celery, mix well and then switch off the flame.