How about a hot mutton soup recipe today ?Mutton soups are nutritious and refreshing dish which can be used to cure fever, cough, hands and limb pain, and also as a post delivery diet for women to regain their strength.
Mutton soup contains minerals that are essential for proper functioning of body. It provides many benefits which includes the joint pain relief, boosts immune system, promotes healthy skin, helps in detoxification, combats arthritis, etc.
This is a very healthy soup and is absolutely a best dish during winter. In this soup recipe, mutton ribs are pressure cooked along with shallots, ginger and garlic along with sufficient water. This is a simple and quick recipe of soup. Finally you can filter and serve if you need only the hot liquid portion.
Make sure that the mutton pieces and bones are washed and cleaned properly before cooking the soup. For a healthy and tasty soup, you must include the bone pieces of mutton rather than the meat alone. You can make this recipe kids friendly by avoiding the pepper powder, so that it becomes non spicy.
You can adjust the amount of salt and pepper as per your taste. The most important thing to keep in mind is to ‘ serve hot ‘. Try and enjoy this flavoursome and incredibly rich soup recipe with your family also.
- Mutton ribs, cut into small pieces – 500g
- Fennel seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chopped shallots – 10
- Garlic crushed – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger crushed – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Tomato chopped – 1
- Coriander leaves – 3 tablespoon
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1.5 teaspoon
Method of preparation :
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add fennel seeds
- Add crushed ginger and garlic to it
- Once the raw smell is gone, add chopped shallots
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, pepper powder and coriander powder
- Saute well and add chopped tomatoes
- Add the mutton ribs, mix well and make sure that the mutton pieces gets coated with the prepared masala
- Then add 1 litre of water and pressure cook the mutton in low to medium flame
- Allow the pressure to release naturally and then open the pressure cooker
- Mix everything well and garnish the mutton soup with coriander leaves
- You can add salt and pepper powder as per your taste if needed
- Serve the soup hot.