Do you want to know how to stack pancakes that are soft, light and fluffy. If you are in search of such a recipe, here is the ultimate destination for you. This easy and tasty pancakes are prepared with the basic ingredients available in your home. Pancakes are soft and fluffy flattened cakes which are prepared on a pan or tawa.
The main ingredient in this recipe is all purpose flour. You shall not replace it with wheat flour or any other flour. We will get the actual texture of pancakes only with all purpose flour. I had mentioned the dry and wet ingredients separately in the recipe. Firstly, you have to prepare the dry ingredients and keep it aside. Then beat the wet ingredients using a whisk. Later you have to combine the wet and dry ingredients together. And our pancake batter is ready !
The consistency of the batter is similar to the idli batter consistency. After preparing the batter, you have to heat a tawa and then add one ladleful of batter in middle. Flip the pancake, when hole appears on the top of pancake. Cook the other side for few seconds and then transfer it to a serving plate.
Do not replace butter with any kind of oil. Because the presence of butter provides additional flavour to the pancake. Make sure that, all the ingredients used are in room temperature. Do not over mix the batter as you may not get the actual texture of pancakes.
Pancakes can be prepared at any time of the day. They can be prepared as breakfast, brunch, or evening snack. When you are running out of time, you can easily go with this recipe. Kids would definitely prefer this delicious recipe and you can even fill their tiffin boxes also.
This recipe of pancake can serve 3 people. You need to spread butter on the top of pancake once they are cooked completely. If you are using salted butter, then you have to reduce the quantity of salt mentioned in the recipe. Enjoy this fluffy pancake by drizzling the top portion with honey, or maple syrup.
1. Dry ingredients :
- All purpose flour – 1.5 cups
- Baking powder – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar – 3 tablespoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
2. Wet ingredients :
- Milk – 1 1/4 cup
- Egg – 1
- Melted butter – 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
Method of Preparation :
- Take a mixing bowl and add all purpose flour, salt and baking powder
- Gently mix these dry ingredients and keep aside
- Beat egg and sugar in a mixing bowl using a whisk
- Beat till it becomes fluffy and then add milk to it
- Beat well and then add melted butter and vanilla essence
- Mix all the wet ingredients and then add the dry ingredient mix to it which is kept aside
- Once the dry and wet ingredients are combined together, our pancake batter is ready
- Heat a tawa and add one ladleful of batter in the middle without spreading
- Cook on medium flame till small bubbles appears on top
- Then flip and cook the pancake for a few more seconds
- Remove the pancake from tawa to a serving plate and top it with some butter
- Similarly, prepare pancakes with the remaining batter and stack them over the other one with butter on top
- Serve the pancakes hot by drizzling it with honey or maple syrup.