Paneer 65 is a delicious starter recipe using paneer, which also belongs to the street food category. Here, the paneer cubes are marinated and fried. There are many variations for this recipe. You can either dry fry the paneer or you can mix the fried paneer with a prepared sauce.
Normally, paneer is prepared in gravy forms. But this dry recipe of paneer will be definitely loved by all, especially children. If you are in a hurry burry, and you have got paneer at your home, then this recipe is specially for you.
The total preparation time is under 45 minutes. The only time taken here is the marination time. After marination, you can either fry it in oil, or can bake it in your oven. Eventhough we are frying the paneer, the inside texture of paneer will be soft and fluffy.
Paneer 65’s are suitable for all occasions. It can be a party starter or can be a side dish for various rices. You can even prepare if for your child when they are way back to home from school.
- Paneer cubes – 200 g
- All purpose flour- 2 tablespoon
- Cornflour- 1 tablespoon
- Rice powder- 1 tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curd – 2 tablespoon
- Water – 3 tablespoon
- Kashmiri chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder- 1/2 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon
- Soya sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Chilli sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 3 tablespoon
Method of preparation:
- Take a bowl and add all purpose flour, cornflour and rice powder
- Now add ginger garlic paste, kashmiri chilli powder, pepper powder,chilli sauce and soya sauce
- Add curd,salt and water also
- Mix everything to form a lump free batter
- Further add the paneer cubes, so that the paneer gets coated with the prepared batter
- Allow it to rest for 30 minutes
- Heat 2 to 3 tablespoon of oil in a kadai and fry the paneer cubes in low to medium flame
- Flip the paneer cubes when the base becomes golden brown in colour
- When the other side also becomes golden and crispy, drain them to a kitchen tissue
- Transfer the paneer 65 to a serving plate
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of pepper powder over it, if you love to have a spicy bite.