Hello all, sharing an absolutely delicious sea food recipe with prawns, which is widely used worldwide. Prawns can be prepared in various ways. Prawns fry, prawns roast, prawns with coconut slices, prawns masala are some of the main recipes which we prepare commonly using prawns.
This is the recipe of barbecued prawns with skewers. I had used wooden skewers here and grilled the prawns in oven. The difficulty level of this recipe is “easy”. A beginner can easily go ahead with this recipe. The main part lies in the preparation of marinade. The prawns are cleaned and marinated with the prepared marinade for over 1 hour. This makes the prawns more juicier after grilling.
You can grill the prawns using a grilling machine or on stove top. While cooking prawns, keep close eye on the prawns to make sure they are not over cooked. Over cooking of prawns makes them rubbery and as a result, it will become hard to eat. So cook them in such a way that you get hot, juicy and tender prawns barbecue. When the flesh becomes strong and firm, you can stop cooking.
It will be good if you de-vein the prawns if they are bigger in size. Use a sharp knife or scissors to make a long incision down the length of the back. Then slowly remove the vein (which is black in colour) from the prawns. Then you can add the prawns to the marinating bowl.
Barbecued prawns are a good accompaniment for basmati rice. The flavour of the prawns gets easily sinked with the basmati rice and that is such a heavenly combination. You can also serve this prawns as starters for the parties. Nowadays, prawns play a major part in party starters. They can be served along with chutneys or your favorite sauces. A fresh vegetable salad, along with the barbecued prawns will help to enhance the flavour of the prawns and make your tummy happy.
- Prawns – 250 g
- Sunflower oil or olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Sqewers – 4 to 5
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon
For Marinade :
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Barbecue sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
Method of preparation :
- Wash and clean the prawns by removing the shell and de-veining it.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, barbecue sauce, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice and salt.
- Add the prawns to the mixing bowl and marinate well using the marinade.
- Keep them undisturbed for 1 hour. This will make our prawns more tastier after grilling.
- After that, grill the prawns in oven or grill or stove top based on your preference.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (I had grilled the prawns in oven)
- Sqew the prawns on sqewers and brush the marinated prawns with oil.
- Grill the prawns for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overcook the prawns as they may turn rubbery.
- Once done, sprinkle some coriander leaves to garnish and serve them hot with chutney or sauce of your choice.