Prawns are one of the main course under sea food dishes. Lots of recipes can be tried out with prawns. Prawns roast, prawns ghee roast, prawns masala, prawns fry, prawns biryani and so on. Prawns fry is the most easiest recipe where prawns can be prepared under 15 minutes excluding the time for marination.
Prawns fry is an easy and quick recipe of prawns which is absolutely delicious and can enrich your taste buds. I bet you will finish the plate in no time. There are many versions of frying the prawns. Here I had marinated the tiger prawns with a prepared masala and left it undisturbed for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, prawns were put on to fry in hot oil.
The time consuming part is only in the cleaning of prawns. Tiger prawns are bigger in size, hence can be cleaned easily. Initially you have to remove the outer shell of the prawns. Then remove the vein on the top part of the prawns. After de-veining, you can wash and clean the tiger prawns. If you are too much aware of the fishy smell, you can use vinegar or lime juice to clean the prawns.
Prawns fry is actually a great starter. Nowadays, prawns fry occupies a major place in parties, marriage receptions, festive occasions, etc. Having hot prawns fry with a dip of tomato ketchup or mayonnaise and the sound of music in parties feels amazing right ?
The speciality of this recipe is that there are no much ingredients to prepare and chop. Only a single onion needs to be chopped. Rest is the masala preparation using powders and ginger garlic paste. The cleaned prawns are mixed well with the prepared masala. Make sure that the tiger prawns gets completely coated with this masala. Then it is kept for marination.
The most important point to be noted is about frying. Do not over fry the prawns. Prawns become harder when it is fried for a long time. Try out this easy home made tiger prawns recipe with minimum ingredients.
- Prawns – 250 g
- Lemon juice – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Onion chopped – 1
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
Method of Preparation :
- Wash, clean and de-vein the prawns
- Use vinegar and little salt to remove the fishy smell
- Take a mixing bowl and add the tiger prawns
- Now add turmeric powder, kashmiri chilli powder, pepper powder, lemon juice and ginger garlic paste to the bowl
- Add required salt and mix this masala with the tiger prawns evenly
- Keep aside to rest for 30 minutes
- Heat oil in a kadai and add the marinated tiger prawns to it
- Once the prawns starts to swirl, add chopped onions and saute well
- Continue to fry again and when the prawns are completely swirled up, you can switch off the flame
- Transfer the fried tiger prawns to a plate and garnish it with coriander leaves
- Serve hot with rice, ghee rice, or as starter.