This beautifully flavoured chutney of passion fruit is an exceptional accompaniment to savoury dishes. It is a quick and easy recipe of chutney which goes well with hot rice for lunch. It goes excellent with boiled tapiocas as well.
Passion fruit is a very common backyard fruit, which is found in kerala as creepers. Luckily, my house has also got this amazing fruit. Passion fruit chutney is not a very common dish. Most of us prefer juice and ice creams using passion fruit. But this chutney is very tasty as well as nutritious. This chutney has both sweet and sour taste.
It is the season of passion fruit and we are busy preparing passion fruit squashes and jams. Passion fruit reduces the sugar levels in blood. Actually, passion fruit tastes tangy. Checkout this homely recipe of chutney using passion fruit and make your diet a healthy one.
- Grated coconut – Half cup
- Pulp of 1 passion fruit
- Dry red chilli – 1
- Green chillies – 2
- Curry leaves – 1 small sprig
- Ginger – 1/2 ” piece
- Shallots – 5
- Sugar – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – as required
Method of preparation :
- Take all the ingredients mentioned above in a plate
- Add all the ingredients to a blender
- Blend it to smooth mixture
- Passion fruit chutney is ready to serve
- You can serve it with rice, boiled tapiocas, etc.