This is a special recipe of raw mango which I received from my grandmother. She used to prepare this dish frequently during the summer seasons, as mangoes were available in plenty at that time. I can guarantee that if you have this curry prepared, you can finish off your rice with this curry alone.
In this recipe, we use raw mango which is grated. This grated mango is cooked in coconut milk. The sour taste of the mango thus blends with the coconut milk. The speciality of this curry is that we are not adding any spices or masala in it.We can also adjust salt and sugar as per our taste. So, this curry can be called as a curry with mixture of all the flavours in it.
This is a very simple and easy recipe which you can prepare under 40 minutes. This recipe can serve 4 persons. The only time consuming here is the extraction of thick and thin coconut milk. Rest all the procedures are easy in this recipe. I suggest all of you to go through the recipe and make a try at your home. Everyone will definitely love it.
- Raw mango, grated – 1
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoon
- Chopped onion – 1
- Chopped ginger – 2 inch piece
- Green chillies, finely chopped – 2
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Thin coconut milk – 1.5 cups
- Thick coconut milk – 1 cup
- Salt – 1.5 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Method of preparation :
- Heat oil in a kadai, you can take earthenware kadai if have the same
- Sputter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds
- Add chopped onions and curry leaves to it
- Once the onion becomes translucent,add chopped ginger and green chillies
- Saute for 2 minutes and then add the thin coconut milk
- Add grated mango and allow it to boil by closing the lid
- Add salt and sugar also, you can adjust both as per your taste
- Once the mango is cooked, switch off the flame
- Add thick coconut milk to the kadai and stir it
- You can serve this pachadi with boiled rice.