This is a simple recipe of Soya chunks, which can be used as a starter or snack. It also goes well with chappathi’s, special rices, etc. Here the soya chunks, which are also known as meal makers are first marinated and then fried. This fried soya chunks are mixed along with a prepared sauce.
This is a dry version of the meal maker recipe. These soya chunks will be crispier and chewy. The addition of sauce provides a flavour to the soya chunks thus making every chinese food lovers to finish off the plate soon.
Before cooking, you have to soak the soya chunks in hot water or you will have to boil the soya chunks in water. Then remove the water by squeezing it. Now you can take this soya chunks for cooking. Have a look at this simple, yet delicious recipe which you all can easily prepare at your home.
1.) Marinating soya chunks :
- Soya chunks – 250 g
- Water – 3 cups
- Rice flour – 2 tablespoon
- Cornflour – 2 tablespoon
- All purpose flour – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tablespoon
- Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as needed
2.) Preparation of manchurian :
- Onion, chopped – 1
- Chopped ginger – 1 tablespoon
- Chopped garlic – 1 tablespoon
- Green chillies – 2
- Capsicum, cut into pieces – 1/2
- Chilli sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Soya sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Tomato sauce – 3 tablespoon
Method of preparation :
- Soak 1 cup of soya chunks in 3 cups of hot water for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes,squeeze the water from the soya chunks and transfer it to a bowl
- Now add rice flour,cornflour,all purpose flour,ginger garlic paste,chilli powder and salt to taste
- Mix everything properly and keep aside
- Fry these soya chunks in hot oil till it becomes crisp
- Heat 3 tablespoon oil in a kadai and add chopped ginger and garlic
- Then add onion and green chillies to it
- Further add chilli sauce,soya sauce and tomato sauce and stir it occasionally
- Add the fried soya chunks and capsicum to the prepared sauce and mix well all the ingredients
- Garnish the soya chunks manchurian with spring onion, coriander leaves, etc.