Grilled fish tastes excellent. In grilling the food to be prepared is placed on a grill (barbecue grill) and is cooked by radiating heat.
We need to marinate fish before grilling. The fish can be steeped with a rich-tasting “marinade”. This marinade can give an aromatic and flavourful coating to the fish.
White fishes are excellent for grilling. The commonly used fishes are sea bass, halibut, mahi-mahi, escolar, wild cod, etc. Whole fillet or larger pieces of fishes can be used for grilling.
In this recipe, a flavourful paste is prepared and the fish is completely coated with this paste. After coating, the marinated fish is allowed to rest for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, you can preheat the oven and grill the fish.
- Fish – 1 medium size
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Shallots – 6
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri chilli powder- 1.5 teaspoon
- Pepper powder- 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon (adjust as per your taste)
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
Method of preparation:
- Wash and clean the fish thoroughly, by putting cuts on it
- Using a mixer, grind the shallots and curry leaves
- Take a bowl and then add turmeric powder, kashmiri chilli powder and pepper powder
- Add ginger garlic paste and grinded shallot paste
- Add salt and lemon juice also
- Now, apply this prepared masala over the fish
- Make sure that the masala is applied inside the cuts and both sides of the fish evenly
- Marinate the fish and allow it to rest for half hour
- Brush oil on both sides of the fish and oven plate inorder to avoid sticking of fish
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes and then grill the fish for 30 minutes
- Grill on both sides, until the fish becomes golden brown in colour
- Garnish the fish using parsley leaves, onion, etc
- Squeeze a lemon on the top of fish, if you like a tangy taste
- You can also add your favourite vegetables into the oven pan for grilling along with the fish.