This recipe helps you to prepare a soft and fluffy garlic bread which is flavored with garlic and mixed herbs and filled completely with cheese. Cheese Garlic Bread can be easily prepared with minimum ingredients at your home. The recipe is too simple.
How about having a warm slice of Cheese Garlic Bread straight out from oven in a cold weather. Sounds amazing right ? You can use tomato ketchup or mayonnaise as dips. Cheese Garlic Bread is a good accompaniment for pastas and soups.
This is a versatile recipe and you can use any kind of melting cheese. I had taken mozzarella cheese here. The amount of cheese and butter can be adjusted as per your taste. If you like the taste of butter and needs your bread to be more cheesy, feel free to add extra melting cheese.
Adding coriander leaves to the melted butter along with garlic pieces provides a good freshness to our Cheese Garlic Bread. Cheese also provides a good flavour to our recipe. If you prefer the Cheese Garlic Bread with that delicious cheesy stretch when you pick each slice, then you need to take mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese. You can grate them freshly at your home.
Most importantly, you have to check whether the yeast is good or not. If the yeast is not getting activated initially with sugar and warm water, you should change your yeast. Else, the flour would not rise. Kneading of dough for a longer time to make it soft makes our bread fluffy. So, more the time you spend on kneeding the dough, more softer will be our garlic bread.
Kneeded dough must be kept to rest for 2 to 3 hours. By this time our dough will double the size. Kneed the dough once again to remove the air pocket inside the dough. Add some extra flour and kneed the dough. Then roll the dough into oval shape. Fill the garlic butter mix and fold the bread. Garnish with mixed herbs and chilli flakes and bake the bread for 15 minutes at 180°C.
Serve this Cheesy Garlic delicious soft bread with mayonnaise or tomato ketchup. Enjoy this beautiful weather with this Cheesy snack !
1. Proof Yeast
- Lukewarm water – 1/3 cup
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Yeast – 1 teaspoon
2. Making Dough
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Milk powder – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
3. For garlic butter filling
- Melted butter – 1/4 cup
- Chopped garlic – 3 cloves
- Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon
- Grated mozzarella cheese – 3 tablespoon
- Oregano – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chilli flakes – 1/4 teaspoon
- Mixed herbs – 1/4 teaspoon
4. To garnish
- Oregano – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chilli flakes – 1/4 teaspoon
Method of preparation :
1. Preparing dough
- In a large mixing bowl, add yeast, warm water and sugar.
- Allow it to rest for 5 minutes, we can see that the yeast had activated.
- Then add all purpose flour, milk powder, and salt to the bowl.
- Knead the garlic bread dough for 5 minutes till the dough becomes softer.
- Now coat the dough with oil and cover the bowl using a lid.
- Keep it undisturbed for 2 to 3 hours in a warm place.
2. Preparing garlic bread
- After 2 hours, we can see that the dough has risen and the size has doubled
- Punch the dough to remove the excess air from it.
- Dust a little all purpose flour over the dough and knead once again.
- Tuck the dough to a ball shape.
- Using a roller pin, roll the dough ball into oval shape.
3. Preparing garlic butter filling :
- In a mixing bowl add chopped garlic, melted butter and coriander leaves.
- Then gently spread this garlic butter mix over the oval shaped dough.
- Now add mozzarella cheese on half of the oval portion.
- Add oregano, chilli flakes and mixed herbs over the cheese.
- Fold this oval dough and seal the edges tightly using water.
- Transfer the bread to a baking tray lined with butter paper.
- Spread the garlic butter mix on the top of the bread.
- Garnish it with mixed herbs and chilli flakes.
- Make cut marks over the bread using a knife, starting from one end to another and divide equally.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes at 180°C or till the top reaches golden brown in colour.
- Serve this hot garlic bread with ketchup.