Pineapple bread pudding is a dessert which is mainly made of bread slices, pineapple jam and milk. In this pudding, bread slices are simply soaked in the milk with other ingredients and is then steamed or baked.
This is a very simple recipe of pudding. We no need to add any gelatin or agar agar to this pudding. Here, we are steaming the pudding using a steamer. You can also bake the same.
Be careful while preparing caramel for this pudding. You have to stir the sugar continuously in low flame. Or else, the sugar may get burnt and the caramel will become bitter in taste.
I had used homemade pineapple jam in this recipe. I will be uploading the recipe of pineapple jam in my site soon. So, if you do not have homemade jam, you can go for readymade jam which is available in our markets.
The speciality of this pudding is, you can serve it either hot or the remaining can be refrigerated and serve cold. You can store the pudding for 3 to 4 days in refrigerator.
- Bread – 8 slices
- Milk – 500 ml
- Egg – 2
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Pineapple jam – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 2 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
For caramel :
- Sugar – 4 tablespoon
- Water – 2 tablespoon
Method of preparation:
- Mix milk, sugar, 1/4 cup of pineapple jam, vanilla essence and make a custard
- Add butter and the beaten eggs also
- Stir till the sugar dissolves completely in milk
- Soak the bread slices in the milk mixture
- Mix well till the bread becomes soft
- Take a pan and add 4 tablespoon sugar
- In low flame stir the sugar along with 2 tablespoon of water
- Switch off the flame when the sugar becomes golden brown in colour
- Transfer the caramel to a vessel and spread evenly on the base of the vessel
- Then add the milk mixture to the vessel
- Spread the remaining 1/4 cup of pineapple jam randomly on the top of the milk mixture
- Cover the vessel with an aluminum foil, and make small holes on the foil
- Keep the vessel in a steamer for 25 minutes or bake the pudding in oven
- If the pudding gets detached from the edge of vessel, it means that the pudding is cooked
- Further, allow the pudding to cool
- Transfer the pudding to a refrigerator for 2 hours
- After 2 hours, invert the pudding to a plate
- Cut it into pieces and serve.